Recovery Blog

12/29: Question of the Week

Posted in Question of the Week by Recovery.gov on December 29, 2010

Question of the Week
Have you seen recovery work in your neighborhood?

6 Responses

1. dana Moore said, on December 29, 2010 at 2:29 pm

NO JOBS.I have been looking for a year. The rich company’s that control the market aren’t supplying jobs .Just making obnoxious amounts of money.

2. Jon said, on January 3, 2011 at 4:25 pm

There was a road about ten minutes from where I live that was repaired with stimulus funds about a year or so ago. Otherwise, looking at the Recovery.gov map of my area, I’m not seeing too many high-visibility projects… mostly loans to schools and whatnot, it looks like. Which is appreciated, but not exactly high-profile…

3. RG said, on January 6, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Have seen a lot of projects going in the Kansas City area. Much appreciated.

4. Jackie Baker said, on January 13, 2011 at 11:40 am

A neighbor (same subdivision, different street) qualifies for reduced rate satellite internet from the recover act but we do not even though we cannot get dsl, cable or wireless internet. Even cellphones don’t work here. Others close by also qualify. Our street was omitted from the database and it does not seem fair. We’re retired and every dollar saved helps.

5. Holly said, on February 2, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I have seen many jobs created in my area on ARRA projects. However, with ARRA funds running out on those projects in FY 2012, the jobs are going away. Employers in the area recently announced plans to lay off approximately 1,650 people. ARRA did not create real jobs, just temporary positions.

6. Ryan said, on August 10, 2011 at 3:09 am

I haven’t seen any projects from the recovery funds. I looked at the map of my area and it says that Indian Trails got over 4 million yet I really haven’t seen them hiring anyone and I haven’t seen any new buses around here. It also says that Ginger Square got over 3 million. I know they did some remodeling but I doubt new paint and carpet costs 3 million.