Recovery Blog

Your Questions Answered

Posted in Recovery.gov, Vlogs by Recovery.gov on July 26, 2011

New Media Specialist, Sally Dadjou, answers some of your questions.

Click to open video

13 Responses

1. Adam said, on July 26, 2011 at 4:10 pm

First off, I’d like the see locations reported for ALL dollar amounts. EVERY dollar should be accountable and viewable by all tax payers. To save time and money, the same database federal employees use to upload and view data needs to be the same for outside viewers–of course on a different page for security. The more separate resources agencies use, the more time and money it costs. Integration. Total Force as we say in the Air Force these days. Everyone should go to the same source for the information. Users and operators.

I’m all for government programs (if managed well) and not a “cut everything” kind of person, but tax payers need easy access to EVERY penny spent. This helps with wasteful spending. Someone my benefit, but is it really a good use of tax payer funds.

2. Nancy Janitz said, on July 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I feel that the cuts being made by Republicans, are not IN THE BEST interest OF the citizens ; WHOM ARE Disabled & Senior citizens WHOM Both NEED MEDICARE SERVICES, AND SOCIAL SECURITY INCOME! THE CUTS IN EITHER WILL AFFECT THEIR LIVES DRAMATICALLY! DOCTORS, HAVE MADE IT KNOWN LAST YEAR THAT THERE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT MEDICARE! IF THEIR REIMBURSEMENTS ARE CUT! SINCE THEN COPAYS HAVE GONE UP! COPAYS MUST BE PAID AT RECEPTION DESK ; IF YOU CAN’T PAY, YOU WILL NOT GET TO SEE THE DOCTOR FOR TREATMENT!! THEY DO NOT ACCEPT MEDICAID SINCE 2010! (WOULD YOU WORK FOR : $.20/$1.00? WHICH TRANSLATES TO A BILL FOR SERVICE FOR. $100.00 BEING PAID THE APPROVED AMOUNT OF $20.00!) THIS IS WHAT THE REPUBLICANS ARE PROPOSING! SO, THE DISABLED & SENIOR CITIZENS WILL HAVE TO PAY THE FULL FEE; FOR VITAL MEDICAL TREATMENT! PLUS, THAT REPUBLICANS ARE ALSO CUTTING SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS! WHICH AMOUNTS ARE SHRINKING YEARLY! AMERICA, IS NO LONGER A DEMOCRACY! THE GOVERNMENT IS NO BETTER THAN THAT OF THE COUNTRIES, WITH GOVERNMENT TAKING OVER, & TAKING THE RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE! THE POWER WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY & GIVE YOU NOTHING! UH WEALTHY WILL BE UNAFFECTED ; WHILE THE SICK, OLD, & POOR WILL SUFFER & THEY WON’T CARE! THIS IS NOT THE ‘AMERICA”, MY GRANDFATHER & FATHER FOUGHT FOR! NOR ALL THOSE WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY, & THE OTHERS THAT HAVE FOUGHT FOR FREEDOM! THIS INCLUDES ALL THE MILITARY THAT ARE FIGHTING FOR AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE! EVEN NOW!? IS AMERICA STILL LAND OF THE FREE? RIGHT NOW, WHEN YOU HEAR THE NEWS, OR READ A NEWSPAPER, OR RECEIVE MESSAGE ONLINE, * THINK HARD ABOUT THAT QUESTION! ARE YOU FREE??!!

3. Nancy Janitz said, on August 19, 2011 at 8:05 am

I have gotten so angry with the entire government now! MY blood pressure goes UP every time I watch the news, read a paper ;that I want TO GO TO Washington! And look them IN THE eye, and let THEM see ME, upclose ; AS a human being, and not a group OF faceless beings ; that they can sentence TO a life OF pain and poverty! Maybe IF THE group that they feel are bleeding our government with our “BIG ENTITLEMENTS “, HAVE A HUMAN FACE ATTACHED TO THE DISABLED & SENIOR CITIZENS, WHOM ARE UNDESERVING, LAZY, THAT KNOW HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM! WHILE, WE HAVE ADDITIONAL INCOME! & SUPPLEMENTARY HEALTH INSURANCE?! (AS STATED BY AN “IGNORANT JOURNALIST IN THE MEDIA! )! THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS MAY SEE THE “REALITY & HUMANITY “, WHOM THEY DON’T SEE! THEREFORE DON’T CARE OR MATTER. ! FACES CAN’T BE FORGOTTEN AS EASILY! THEY IMPRINT A PICTURE IN YOUR MIND ; THAT WILL HAUNT THEIR CONSIOUS FOREVER! JUST ASK A VET,WHOSE WITNESSED WAR! UPCLOSE SO CLOSE YOU NEVER FORGET THE FACES!! THAT IS SOMETHING THEY WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH! CONSEQUENCE OF THEIR ACTIONS!! KHARMA IS GONNA GET THEM! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT!

4. Matt D. - Philadelphia, PA said, on August 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm

What I need to know is this. Why are our tax payer dollars being spent on big banks, corporations, etc. with executives who make millions of dollars/year, when our unemployment is still above 9% ? Were spending trillions on “projects” that cannot even be defined by the Administration. If Obama wants to be re-elected, he needs to explain to Americans where this money has went and why it was helpful, or be upfront with us. He won on transparency, he needs to make good with that promise if he wants to win again.

5. Thomas Hack said, on August 26, 2011 at 6:41 am

I agree in part with Matt D, But at least they’re trying to do their jobs, answer questions and be transparent.

6. Hundeerziehung said, on August 31, 2011 at 4:39 am

I, too, couldn’t agree more with Matt D. Why, just why, are the tax payer dollars spent on bailouts of big companies – companies the CEOs of which make more money than can possibly be justified? The “little guys” don’t get bailouts, do they? No, they just have to file bankruptcy and that’s that! End of story. And they certainly do NOT walk away being millionaires, like many a CEO in the bailouts! I’m just not sure I understand the logic behind that.

7. julian said, on September 17, 2011 at 2:31 am

I feel like we need to increase taxes. And as upset as I would be to pay the government more money, we are at a time right now where we are over 16 trillion in debt and falling off our little favored nation podium we used to have. I’d like to stay a citizen of the greatest and most powerful country on this planet. Our economy is severely screwing that likelihood up.

8. Gitesh said, on November 8, 2011 at 6:28 am

Wonderful concept and video sharing. Appreciate effort.

9. Eye Vision Expert said, on January 3, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I appreciate the video to answer questions on a different media. It’s a step in the right direction for the transparency we tax payers desire. Looks like these answers point to award recipients as causing some of the problems through non-reporting or incorrect reporting. Should be an easy fix – if you receive an award you HAVE to do this, this, and this! Thanks for the video.

10. computerz101.com said, on June 22, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Thanks for your effort and your great ideas with your video.

11. hundeerziehung said, on September 27, 2012 at 4:51 pm

thanks for answering all the questions.

12. Lara Drew said, on January 11, 2014 at 8:54 am

There are some attention-grabbing cut-off dates on this article however I don’t know if I see all of
    them middle to heart. There is some validity however I’ll take hold
    opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra!
    Added to FeedBurner as nicely

13. William said, on January 21, 2014 at 11:29 am

This website was… how do you say it? Relevant!!

Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Thanks!