Recipient: Jay Cashman, Inc.
Award Amount: $6,119,056
The recipient reported that these Recovery funds would be used to:
- Construction two new dam structures to stop the uncontrolled flow of seawater flushing into and out of the Everglades.
- Demolition of the failed existing dam structures
- Clearing and removal of mangroves
- Planting of new plants upon completion of the backfill
- Replacement of rip rap
- Installation of new channel marker piles and mooring piles
- Installation of an access gangway and ramp for passage over the dam
Project Status: Completed
To see how funds were distributed between the project’s prime and sub recipients and to learn more about the project, check out the Award Summary or enter your zip code to find Recovery projects near you.